Sunday, February 2, 2014

The long winter months are dragging on and on, so in order to get out of this rut, I've decided to go visit one of my favorite Historic Properties ~ The Vanderbilt Mansion in Hyde Park, NY.  I know it will be covered in snow and the beautiful gardens will still be sleeping, but I know the grounds will be beautiful and I will absolutely love walking around this gorgeous property and taking in all the views of the Hudson River.

If you are interested in the History of Landscapes and properties like I am, then you absolutely must visit the Vanderbilt Mansion Hyde Park, N.Y.  I'm attaching the link to the Garden Associations website, and encourage everyone to read through the history and current events, and also consider helping the association to continue with their mission of preserving and restoring these beautiful gardens.  The property itself is owned by the National Park Service, however, the formal Italian Gardens, that F.W. Vanderbilt had installed, are now being maintained and preserved by the Garden Association.  I am honored to have been a part of the association, and I look forward to continuing this year, as it is truly an uplifting experience.

http://vanderbiltgarden.org/

Here are some photos of years gone by: Spring ~ Summer ~ Fall ~ Winter





















No comments:

Post a Comment